The Badgerland Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) was chartered in 1995 and has over 100 members. Our geographical boundaries are southern Wisconsin from LaCrosse to Watertown.
Badgerland Chapter typically meets monthly and meetings vary between lunch/ dinner meeting, tours, and chapter outings. Each meeting we strive to give members an opportunity to learn from an technical presentation or a tour of a local business as regards to their safety, environmental and health programs.
Badgerland Chapter is also proud to be affiliated with the University of Wisconsin – Platteville Student Chapter of ASSP.
The Badgerland Chapter is a local constituent of the national Society, and as such must meet certain minimum requirements of ASSP to maintain our Chapter Charter:
- Nominate and elect chapter officers and delegates annually.
- Maintain current Bylaws, conforming in principle to current ASSP model Bylaws.
- Assure all local chapter members are current members of ASSP.
- Maintain a minimum of 40 members.
- Submit annual report to ASSP by August 15 each year.
- Submit financial report to ASSP by May 31 each year.
- Sponsor at least four technical meetings each year.
- Cooperate with ASSP on national issues and educational programs.
Chapter Bylaws, approved by the national Society, form the basis of the operation of our chapter. In accordance with these bylaws, members govern the current policies, activities, goals and objectives of the Badgerland Chapter.